The following are important writing and content submission guidelines. Please read the following information in its entirety. It should answer many questions you might have about what content is acceptable and how our submission process works.
Essentials for Being a Disney Hotspots Contributor
Successful guest contributions are focused on helping families have a better experience during their Disney and Orlando vacation. Posts that teach our readers something new about Disney is what we are looking to add.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts and high-quality writing. Research is good, copying and pasting is unacceptable.
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of a family travel blog. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords and jargon.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
- Recommended 1,500 words. No less than 500 words unless it is a graphical and media post.
- Use of Quality media is highly encouraged: graphics, graphs, illustrations, pictures, and videos.
Types of Posts We Accept
We accept a variety of posts. The following provide the types of post we accept and seek to offer DisneyHotspots.com visitors.
1. Tips & Recommendations:
Information about available promotions, how to save money, how to save time, how to travel well, where to eat, where to shop, etc.
- Best Transportation Options to and from Disney Resort
- What to Consider When Choosing a Disney Resort
- 2016 Disney Military Discount Program
- How to Save Money by Group Traveling
Disney Hotspots provides a review system contributors can use to offer reviews on new attractions, restaurants, retail stores, products, etc.
3. Graphics & Media Posts:
These posts rely heavily on graphics to tell a story and provide useful information. Graphics may include; infographics, slides, pictures, videos. All media used must by originally created by the contributor as the author. This type of post usually has an introduction paragraph, the embedded media, and perhaps a conclusion. The graphic(s) should be comprehensive and easy to read, and feature up-to-date data that’s properly sourced.
Examples of Graphic Posts:
- Infographic on Top 10 Rides at Magic Kingdom
- Video of Epcot’s Newest Attraction
4. Broad Topical Posts:
These posts are created with broad ideas in mind. They’re usually related to providing a general understanding of how things work.
Examples of Broad Topical Posts:
- Tips for First-Timers Visiting Disney
What We Won’t Accept
- Something that has been overly covered, especially the same way.
- Something that is offensive or inaccurate.
- Something that may be considered a link-building scheme.
- Something that’s overly critical of individuals or companies is prohibited.
- Something that is overly promotional for your company or organization.
How to Submit Your Post
Step 1: After signing up and being approved as a contributor you will be emailed login information so that you can add a post to our content management system. If you need technical help or would like someone to walk to through the process of adding your blog post as a contributor email info [at] disneyhotspots dot com.
Step 2: Write and submit your article. Your article will be added to the system as a draft and placed in a cue for approval. If your post is not approved you will be given an opportunity and feedback on how to get it approved. Otherwise, it will be approved and a link will be provided to you for sharing.
Step 3: Images and graphs should be properly optimized and scaled before uploading to the Disney Hotspots system.
Step 4: Provide us a short author bio via email. On all your contributed articles, a bio will be included with a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website.
Other Important Information
- Submissions must meet the Disney Hotspots’ quality standards in order to get published.
- We encourage you to share your blog post like crazy, but no spamming allowed.
- The Disney Hotspots team reserves the right to edit and adapt your blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Disney Hotspots reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Disney Hotspots content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, podcasts, social media accounts, and other types of content.
- Your post can not be used to collect visitor or user information. No forms allowed embedded in your post.
- As a contributor, you acknowledges and takes full responsibility for any and all content, information, and media you submits to Disney Hotspots. By submitting anything to Disney Hotspots, you as the contributor acknowledges that you have full rights and ownership of such material, or has properly acquired full rights and ownership of such material before submitting it to Disney Hotspots. As a contributor, you will hold Disney Hotspots or anyone associated with Disney Hotspots harmless for how it uses the content you provide. You also acknowledge as a contributor, Disney Hotspots is not responsible for comments made by visitors, nor the misuse of your content and media by others or Disney Hotspots and those affiliated with Disney Hotspots.
Contributor Sign Up